Webinar Series: Medical Education Technology
The International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE) is hosting a five-session web seminar series on Thursdays this fall — highlighting latest technologies, trends, and tactics in medical education.
Topics to be covered over the course of the series include the current state of technology in medical education, social media, virtual and augmented reality, and the role of instructional designer. The schedule is as follows:
- September 6: They Said “Flip” and We Said “How High”? How Technology Is Answering the Call to Remove All Lectures (Presenter: Jill Jernison)
- September 13: The Role of Instructional Design in Health Science Course Development (Presenters: Christopher Malmberg, Olga Slasten LaPlante, Wendy DiBrigida)
- September 20: Using Social Media as an Educational Tool (Presenters: Katherine Chretien, Kirsten Brown)
- September 27: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality in Medical Education (Presenter: Doug Danforth)
- October 4: Realizing the Promise of Big Data: Learning Analytics in Competency-Based Medical Education (Presenter: Stan Hamstra)
All sessions begin at 12:00 p.m. ET. For more information on the sessions and speakers, or to register, visit the IAMSE website.