Reduced Ballot Introduced for Encore Election
The special election held last week to fill the two remaining director at large seats on PAEA’s 2016 Board of Directors once again was inconclusive. We are now holding an additional election with a reduced slate of candidates. The two candidates with the fewest votes have been removed from the ballot, pursuant to PAEA Bylaws Section 4.04.
In PAEA elections, a candidate must receive a simple majority of votes cast in order to be elected. Because only one of the six director at large candidates garnered enough votes to earn a place on the 2016 Board, additional special elections have been necessary.
Unprecedented Election Round 4
Polls are now open and will remain open until Wednesday, November 25, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time. All program directors should have received a link to the voting system.
The remaining three candidates for the two Director at Large positions are:
- Kara Caruthers (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
- Michelle DiBaise (Northern Arizona University)
- Kevin Schuer (University of Kentucky)
Urge your program director to vote today in this important election. Results of the election will be announced via email after the polls close on Wednesday.
Again, we would like to congratulate the newly elected Board members who did receive a majority of the votes:
- William Kohlhepp, DHSc, PA-C, of Quinnipiac University, was voted in as president elect. He has served for six years as treasurer on the Board of Directors.
- Carl Garrubba, MPA, PA-C, CPA, of Chatham University, was elected as the new treasurer, after serving for two years as director at large.
- Michel Statler, MLA, PA-C, of Rosalind Franklin University, was elected to serve in one of the three available director at large positions.