PAEA Board of Directors Call for Nominations Now Open
PAEA is seeking PA faculty to join the Board of Directors in 2024. This is your opportunity to join your colleagues and become part of the engaged, active, and dedicated team of leaders who are serving PA educators at the highest level in our Association.
Five positions are available to be elected this year:
- President Elect (Term of service – Three years: one year as President Elect, one year as President, and one year as Past President)
- The criteria for service and requirements are that an applicant for the position of president elect must hold an appointment as a faculty/staff member in a PAEA member program and have at least three years’ experience in a PAEA elected or board appointed position.
- Secretary (Term of service – Three years)
- The criteria for service and requirements are that an applicant for secretary must hold an appointment as a faculty/staff member in a PAEA Member Program and have at least two years’ experience in PAEA by the time the nominee takes office with prior experience on the Board or as the chair of a PAEA committee. Candidates should be organized and detail-oriented and able to communicate with skill and diplomacy.
- Three Director at Large positions (Term of service – Three years)
- The criteria for service requirements are that an applicant for the position of Director at Large must hold an appointment as a faculty/staff member in a PAEA Member Program and have at least two years’ experience in a PAEA elected or Board appointed position.
- A new Student Board Member will also be selected this year but the student member joins the board through a separate application process.
PAEA’s mission is advancing excellence in PA education through leadership, scholarship, equity, and inclusion. The Board is responsible for determining this mission and the purpose of the organization. Additionally, the Board:
- Oversees strategic and organizational planning
- Ensures strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Approves resource development
- Monitors PAEA’s programs and services
- Enhances PAEA’s public image
- Assesses its own performance as the governing body of PAEA.
- Evaluates the performance of the CEO
As a member of the Board of Directors, you will have the opportunity to help the Association chart its course in a changing world with evolving health care needs by bringing your insight and experience to bear on the major issues in PA education and the profession.
Candidates who will enhance the diversity of the Board are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be available to participate in a virtual “meet the candidate” webinar prior to the election.
Please consider nominating yourself or encouraging a colleague to run for the Board. The call for nominations is now open and the deadline to apply is June 2, 2023.