Help Figure Out PAEA’s Next Moves
The annual PAEA Board of Directors call for 2017 is now open. Why not think about taking this next leadership step?
1. You will find out just what it takes to run an association — and learn some things you didn’t know about PA education. Along with a variety of leadership development opportunities, you will also gain valuable knowledge and insight from your fellow Board members. And being privy to everything that the Board is working on will give you a preview of emerging issues.
Working side-by-side with fellow board members who have a variety of interesting perspectives and experiences helped shape for me a more clear understanding of the issues facing PA education. PAEA also provides board members with numerous opportunities for developing their leadership skills. – Bill Kohlhepp, DHSc, PA-C
2. You will play an influential role in guiding the Association during this transformative time in health care education. Board service also offers you the opportunity to play a broader role in shaping national education policy, affecting both students and programs across the country. An added bonus — your visibility as a Board member will raise both your personal profile as well as the profile of your program.
Serving on the board of directors has given me the opportunity to strategically collaborate with an incredibly wonderful, forward-thinking group of professionals whose primary purpose is to serve and boldly lead its membership into the future of PA education. – Carl Garrubba, MPA, PA-C, CPA
3. Serving on the Board of Directors is the networking opportunity of a lifetime. As a member of the Board, you will be able to make valuable professional connections, gaining unparalleled access to thought-leaders and those in the vanguard of health professions. You’ll also meet exceptional colleagues from around the country and develop lasting friendships.
4. You will enjoy a feeling of accomplishment from the collective work of the Board. When you see all of your hard work come to fruition and the important progress made by PAEA each year, it will be both personally and professionally rewarding
5. You will have plenty of support. PAEA staff are always there for our Board members. We realize the amount of time and effort that members put into Board service, so we go out of our way to make sure they know how much they are valued and appreciated. Staff will provide whatever expertise and support Board members need and are always available to help in any way they can.
Read the official Board of Directors call to learn more and to submit your candidate materials by May 23, 3:00 p.m. ET.
Questions or Concerns?
We know there are numerous factors to consider when thinking about Board service. So to help you understand what’s involved in this leadership role and answer any questions you might have, we will be holding a Pathfinder to Board Service webinar in May. We will announce the date and time and post it on our website as soon as it is scheduled.
Questions also may be directed to Jennifer Jarmin, Leadership Development and Recruitment Council staff advisor, at jjarmin@PAEAonline.org.