Do you have great communication skills, an expertise or interest in strategy and policy development, and want to serve PA educators at the highest level? If your answer to these questions is “yes,” consider running for a seat on the PAEA Board of Directors. PAEA is seeking PA faculty to join the Board of Directors in 2021.
As the highest leadership body of the Association and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the Board is responsible for:
- Determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- Evaluating the performance of the CEO
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Resource development
- Approving and monitoring PAEA’s programs and services
- Enhancing PAEA’s public image
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of PAEA
As a member of the Board of Directors, you will have the opportunity to help the Association chart its course in a changing world by bringing your insight and experience to bear on the major issues in PA education and the profession.
President elect, secretary, and three director at large seats will be voted on in the 2020 election held in conjunction with the 2020 Education Forum. The call for nominations is now open.
Please consider nominating yourself or encouraging a colleague to run for the Board. Candidates should be available to participate in a “meet the candidate” webinar prior to the Forum.
Candidates who will enhance the diversity of the Board are strongly encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is June 19.