PAEA Seeking Consultant
The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) invites applications for a consultant to provide direct support to colleges or universities desiring to initiate a physician assistant program or enhance their physician assistant program. PAEA’s Chief Policy & Research Officer will oversee this role.
This is a part-time contract position and individual should be available a minimum of 20-30 hours per month. The successful candidate will be offered a one-year contract with opportunities for renewal based on performance evaluations. Individual must agree to a non-compete clause. The individual will be issued a 1099 at each calendar year-end and will not be eligible for any employee benefits provided by PAEA.
The required qualifications for this consultant are:
- Experience as a PA faculty member
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated experience with curriculum and curricular resource development, and development of diverse assessment measures
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of ARC-PA accreditation standards
- Ability to innovate, with strong problem-solving skills
- Evidence-based decision making
- Diplomacy and tact
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Management and supervisory experience
- Ability to travel and work weekends as necessary, this position will require extensive travel
The preferred qualifications for this consultant are:
- Experience as a PA program director
- Relevant doctoral degree
- Experience with on-site accreditation as an ARC-PA evaluator and/or consultant
- Experience with regional accreditation in higher education
- Experience in professional association as volunteer or staff
The responsibilities for this consultant will include providing services to clients that include, but are not limited to:
- Market PAEA services to colleges and universities
- Assist colleges and universities with a needs assessment process
- Provide guidance and support in the development of a PA program to increase likelihood of a high quality educational program and provisional/continuing accreditation
- Provide guidance and support to member programs desiring specific services including but not limited to:
- Accreditation preparation
- Strategic planning
- Curriculum enhancement
- Overall enhancement
- Admissions advising
- Develop resource materials for program development and enhancement services
- Prepare written reports for clients
- Represent PAEA in a favorable and professional manner
Proposals will be accepted until April 30 or until a consultant is hired. Proposals should include a description of your qualifications and ability to provide services outlined above, a CV, and 3–5 references with contact information, via email to Lynn Heitzman at lheitzman@PAEAonline.org.
Questions about the scope of services may be directed to Anthony Miller, Chief Policy & Research Officer at tmiller@PAEAonline.org.
PAEA is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.