PAEA Program Survey: New Release Offers Valuable Updates
After nearly two years, the 2021 Annual Program Survey is officially open and is better than ever!
PAEA has put in a tremendous effort in improving the survey for this year’s launch. We sought to gather feedback from a wide array of individuals, including volunteers, PA faculty, Research Fellows, and PAEA staff, to provide their expertise and ensure that the survey truly captures the needs of the PA community from all angles.
Although we have made some changes, we have also kept some popular features:
- PAEA aimed to streamline the survey process by pre-populating a portion of survey questions if your program provided survey data from previous years.
- The survey can be completed over multiple sessions, and your progress will save in real-time.
- You can share the link with the members of your program who are best-suited to answer specific questions.
Benefits to Completing the Survey
The data collected in the Annual Program Survey is invaluable to supporting and advancing the PA profession. The Program Survey is the most comprehensive of PAEA’s surveys, gathering data on programs’ budgets, personnel, students, and graduates. Data from the Program Survey are published in By the Numbers: Report on Physician Assistant Educational Programs in the United States. This report is the sole source of national data on PA education, providing benchmarks across all aspects of PA education.
Successful completion of the 2021 Annual Program Survey on or before Friday, January 21, 2022, provides the following benefits:
- The ability for programs to request custom reports for more in-depth data inquiries and personalized research initiatives
- Opportunity to win a complimentary registration at PAEA’s 2022 Education Forum
- More pre-populated fields in subsequent surveys through PAEA’s data harmonization efforts, reducing your programs’ survey completion time.
- Program directors were sent a customized link for their program’s survey on November 9th 2021 and will continue to receive reminders throughout the coming months.
Don’t hesitate to contact the PAEA Research Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-667-4322 if you require any assistance with the survey, or have general inquiries.