PAEA Assessment Prepares for Lift-Off at the 2019 Education Forum
In preparation for the launch of the End of Curriculum™ exam in January, PAEA Assessment is offering a series of sessions and resources throughout the 2019 PAEA Education Forum and Fall Workshops.
During the Forum and workshops, the Assessment Team will host an activation booth where team members will answer questions and conduct demonstrations about all of PAEA Assessment’s exams, the Student Exam Box™, and the exam system. Stop by the booth to learn how to win your program’s first administration of the End of Curriculum exam!
A three-part series of sessions on the End of Curriculum exam will help programs make their adoption and implementation decisions.
- On Thursday, “The PAEA End of Curriculum Exam: An Introduction and Overview” will describe the basics of the exam from development through scoring. This session will be held from 11:00 to 11:50 a.m. and 4:30 to 5:20 p.m.
- On Friday, “The PAEA End of Curriculum Exam: A Technical Overview” will go over the policy, acknowledgment, purchasing, and system changes related to the End of Curriculum exam, including a world café discussion for questions and demonstrations on a variety of topics. This session will be given from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- On Saturday, “The PAEA End of Curriculum Exam: Achieving Alignment” will discuss why and how assessments are aligned with local program goals, outcomes, and objectives, and will include an assessment mapping activity specific to the End of Curriculum exam. This session will be held from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
We are also bringing back our long-running sessions on other aspects of PAEA Assessment.
- On Friday, the PACKRAT® Exam Development Board will host their Item Writing Workshop, where you can learn about question and exam development and item analysis — and also get feedback from experienced PAEA item writers. This session will be from 1:00 to 2:30 on Friday.
- On Saturday, curious faculty can step in to students’ shoes for an End of RotationTM exam experience. For the fourth year, PAEA will host Trading Places: PAEA End of Rotation Exam Preview for Faculty where participants will sit for one section of an End of Rotation exam, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. Pre-registration is required by September 27 as space is very limited.
Join us to learn more about PAEA Assessment, the End of Curriculum exam, and the Student Exam Box at this year’s Education Forum!