Nominations for NHSC National Advisory Council
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) is now accepting nominations for the National Advisory Council on the National Health Service Corps (NHSC). This council is responsible for providing guidance to the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Administrator of HRSA on the execution of the NHSC scholarship and loan repayment programs.
HRSA is seeking to fill three seats opening in November with qualified candidates to serve three-year terms, and PAEA will be submitting qualified candidates for their consideration.
Members are expected to attend two-day, in-person or virtual meetings up to four times per year. Travel expenses are covered by HRSA in addition to limited payment for time. It is anticipated that selected candidates will be seated in 2021.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria by a committee of PAEA volunteers:
- Demonstrated interest in health workforce development policy
- Demonstrated experience with either the NHSC scholarship or loan repayment programs
- Practice experience in rural and/or medically underserved areas
- Previous national or state-level volunteer service
- Track record of leadership in PA education
Faculty who are NHSC alumni are highly encouraged to apply. Members who are interested in being nominated by PAEA for council service should submit their curriculum vitae, biographical sketch, and a letter of interest to Tyler Smith at tsmith@PAEAonline.org by 5:00 p.m. ET on September 17.