Launching The Leadership Book Club
The PAEA Leadership Mission Advancement Commission (LMAC) is excited to relaunch the popular Leadership Book Club this spring. The book club, facilitated by LMAC members, will select books, including some classics and some modern titles, directed at leadership growth.
The LMAC Book Club’s first selection is Developing the Leader Within You 2.0 by John Maxwell, which affirms that leaders are not born, but they are made. The first edition of this text was published nearly 30 years ago and transformed the way people conceptualized leadership. The newest edition includes revisions based on what the author has learned in the decades since the original publication.
What to expect from the LMAC Book Club:
- Open to all PAEA members
- Group discussions regarding impressions, takeaways, application, etc.
- Selection of texts to improve the leading of oneself, others, and organizations.
- Robust conversation that will highlight the different perspectives and potential application the skills learned.
How to Join the Book Club
The group will meet twice in June, discussing half of the text at each session. This year’s book club is scheduled for the following dates:
- June 9, 12-1 p.m ET: Click here to register here for Meeting 1
- June 30, 12-1 p.m ET: Click here to register here for Meeting 2
The book club will utilize Zoom for scheduled meetings. We will also encourage discussion in the Leadership and Development Professional Learning Community (PLC), accessible in the Member Community, throughout our time in each book. Joining a PLC takes only a minute.
Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to the PAEA Member Community
- Click on “Professional Learning Communities” on the top menu bar
- Scroll down the list of available PLCs and click on any that interest you, including the “Leadership and Development” PLC. Click “Join group.” (Please note: You may join as many PLCs as you would like.)
- Find the announcement at the top and comment to let us know you’ll be joining us!