Nominations for CDC/HRSA Advisory Committee on HIV, Viral Hepatitis and STD Prevention and Treatment
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) are accepting nominations for positions on their joint Advisory Committee on HIV, Viral Hepatitis and STD Prevention and Treatment (CHACHSPT). This advisory committee is responsible for advising the Director of the CDC and the Administrator of HRSA on policies pertaining to HIV, viral hepatitis, and other STD prevention and treatment efforts, including clinical workforce development.
Nominees selected by the agencies will be appointed for a 4-year term of service and be responsible for attending at least two meetings each year. All appointed members are compensated for the expenses associated with committee service.
Application packages for faculty interested in being nominated by PAEA will be reviewed by volunteers on PAEA’s Government Relations Steering Committee and evaluated on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated expertise in the care of patients with HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, or other sexually transmitted infections
- Demonstrated experience in the development of curriculum on the treatment of HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, or other sexually transmitted infections
- Track record of research publications
- Previous national or state-level volunteer service
- Track record of leadership in PA education
Please note: applicants should be prepared for a thorough ethics training and review process if identified by the agencies for advancement. Selected candidates are anticipated to be notified of their selection by the Department of Health and Human Services by December 1, 2021. Interested members are invited to submit a biosketch, CV, and letter of interest to Tyler Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3, 2021.