Launch Your Research Career with the AAPA-PAEA Research Fellowship
Are you looking for a launching pad where your research career can take off? PAEA invites PA faculty, full-time PA program staff, and practicing PAs to apply for the 2022-2023 AAPA-PAEA Research Fellowship.
The Fellowship seeks to fund protected time to allow fellows to conduct research and expand their research agendas, broaden their research capacity and professional networks, and build a strong cohort of research leaders who advance the profession. It supports three fellows for a one-year term and provides 20 percent of the recipients’ base salary (up to $30,000) to each fellow’s institution to secure protected time for research. This permits 20 percent release time from teaching and other faculty activities and allows fellows to focus on research of interest to the PA profession and PA education beginning on November 1, 2022, through October 31, 2023. Fellows will also participate in two seminars with Fellowship exclusive sessions and earn 40 Category 1 CME hours. Note that the COVID-19 pandemic may alter these plans and require virtual components.
During the Fellowship, the fellows will:
- Use the dedicated time to develop their research skills by completing a research project under the guidance of a mentor, engaging in educational activities, and broadening their knowledge of PA education and the PA profession.
- Participate in two on-site educational seminars, hosted by PAEA and AAPA, focused on building research and leadership skills as well as fellows’ professional networks.
- Registration and travel expenses for the PAEA Education Forum and the AAPA Annual Conference are covered.
- Complete their research within one year after the end of the fellowship and submit their findings for publication and presentation.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a proposed research plan that addresses one of the following topics:
- Workforce readiness of PA program graduates
- Understanding and improving PA education
- Challenges and solutions to clinical education site availability
- Equipping PAs and faculty for expanded leadership roles in health care
- Diversity and the PA student pipeline
- Barriers to the creation of progressive work environments for PAs
The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 5. Applications must be submitted through the PAEA Research online application platform.
For more information about eligibility, applicant evaluation criteria, and application requirements, please download the 2022-2023 AAPA-PAEA Research Fellowship Submission Guidelines or contact us at Research@PAEAonline.org or 703-651-8540. To learn more about our current and former fellows, visit the AAPA-PAEA Research Fellowship web page.