Jumpstart Your Research Journey with the Don Pedersen Research Grant
PAEA is accepting applications for the 2023-2024 PAEA Don Pedersen Research Grants Program.
Applicants can receive up to $10,500 in funding. During the funding cycle, a total allotment of up to $21,000 is possible. Grants are awarded for proposed projects that would study PA education and workforce issues. The program is not intended to fund research on clinical practice.
A PAEA/Pedersen grant is an ideal opportunity for early-career PA faculty or full-time PA program staff members looking to jumpstart their research careers.
While eligible applicants are encouraged to study all aspects of PA education and workforce development, preference will be given to applications that include:
- PA faculty who are early-career or new to research who have not been previously funded by another PAEA research grant program
- PA faculty who are early-career or new to research who partner with senior researcher co-investigators
- Proposals that address PAEA’s priority areas:
- Attracting and retaining students and faculty from diverse backgrounds
- Increasing capacity in clinical education
Applications must be submitted through the PAEA Research online application platform no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 29, 2023.
More information about the program, submission instructions, and formatting requirements can be found here. If you need advice or mentorship on your proposal before submission, reach out to PAEA Research at Research@PAEAonline.org or 703-651-8540.