JPAE Feature Editor Position Open for New Feature
The Journal of Physician Assistant Education (JPAE) is seeking an editor for a new feature titled “Compliance Strategies.” JPAE is a quarterly, peer-reviewed publication dedicated to advancing PA education by publishing scholarly manuscripts germane to PA educators and providing a forum for the sharing of ideas and innovations that will enhance the education of PA students.
Compliance Strategies: This new feature will highlight brief descriptions of a specific practice, strategy, or technique that programs have used to ensure they are conducting educational activities using best practices for operating an effective PA program. This includes descriptions of unique or non-traditional methods to operate the PA program in compliance with national standards relevant to PA education. Topics may include how to effectively assess program function, how to ensure that all students meet program expectations, or how to effectively document student or program achievement of established goals.
Feature editors are responsible for contributing two articles per year relevant to their feature subject, written by either themselves or another author. If the article is written by another author, then the feature editor is expected to work with that author to ensure the article submitted is of interest to members, well-written, and basically ready for publishing with minimal additional editing required.
Qualifications for JPAE feature editors:
- Have an established publishing record, including publication in JPAE
- Demonstrate a history of achievement in scholarly work, particularly in the topic area of their feature
- Be prepared to devote the necessary time to either writing or soliciting quality, relevant feature articles to be submitted — by the deadline — twice a year for publication in the journal
- Be willing to work with the editor in chief and editorial staff to uphold the high standards and practices of the journal
- Possess unique skills, qualities, or contributions that they can bring to the feature and to the journal in general
The two-year term for this feature editor position will begin October 1, 2020, and end December 31, 2022. Feature editors are eligible for a one-term reappointment at the discretion of the journal’s editor in chief. Feature editors are not required to participate in any meetings, but they are encouraged to attend the PAEA Education Forum and the journal’s Editorial Advisory Board meeting held during the Forum. Because this year’s Education Forum will be held virtually due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Editorial Advisory Board meeting will not be held in conjunction with the Forum. A date in November will be selected for a virtual editorial board and feature editor meeting.
Feature Editor Schedule
The first Compliance Strategies feature article will be published in the March 2021 issue of JPAE. Feature articles will be due to the managing editor by November 15 for the March issue and May 15 for the September issue each year. Your adherence to article deadlines is expected and appreciated.
During the application process, applicants will be asked to submit the following by August 27:
- Statement explaining why you would be a good fit for this feature editor position
- Brief two-page CV
- Writing sample demonstrating the ability to write clear, interesting, and descriptive text
[button link=”https://paealeadership.secure-platform.com:443/a/solicitations/32/home” target=”_blank” size=”lg” type=”primary”]Apply Now[/button]