Fund Your Original Research with the Faculty-Generated Research Grant
The PAEA Faculty-Generated Research Grant (FGRG) Program is now accepting letters of intent to fund a project that proposes rigorous, sophisticated methods and analyses to address novel research questions for its 2022–2023 cycle.
To accomplish these goals, the grant provides up to $50,000 for a study that meaningfully expands the existing body of knowledge on PA education and/or workforce development. This funding can be used for expenses such as supplementing personnel salary to protect dedicated time for their research, collecting data, traveling to a clinical site, funding a student research assistant (including work-study student), or purchasing materials needed for research.
The overall goals of the FGRG program are to:
- Promote quality scholarship regarding PA education and the PA workforce
- Increase research capacity and collaboration across institutions
- Encourage the development and training of emerging PA researchers
All proposals will be considered, but preference will be given to projects that address PAEA’s two key priority areas:
- Increasing clinical education capacity
- Attracting and retaining students and faculty from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Selection for the Faculty-Generated Research Grant program takes place in two stages of peer review:
- Letters of intent (LOIs) must be submitted through the online application platform by 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, September 5. This year, PAEA is offering applicants the opportunity to gain a better understanding of what peer reviewers are looking for in a successful letter of intent. If you are interested in applying for the grant, please complete this survey and we will send you a packet that includes three successful LOIs from previous grantees. This will provide applicants with an in-depth perspective on the rigorous, original research that awardees have conducted. While this step is not required, it is highly recommended for new applicants and early-career faculty. In the end, our goal is to expand grant opportunities to as many different PA faculty and programs as possible.
- Finalists will then be invited to submit a longer, more comprehensive full proposal for funding consideration in November 2022.
Would you like to learn more about this research grant opportunity? Need advice or mentorship on your proposal? The PAEA Research Team is available to answer questions and provide guidance on proposals. Contact us at Research@PAEAonline.org or call 703-651-8540.