We’re Hiring: Chief Advocacy & Research Officer
The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) invites applications from the PA education community for its Chief Advocacy & Research Officer position.
We’re seeking an experienced PA educator with an interest in research, health care, and education policy and strategy development. At this exciting time in PAEA’s evolution, the Chief will:
- play a critical role in connecting current national initiatives to PAEA member institutions within the education field;
- bring together and build on ongoing government relations and research efforts to enhance PAEA’s visibility in and contribution to national policy efforts, serving as a national spokesperson and leader; and
- work closely with the CEO and the executive team to advance continuous improvement and innovation across a broad section of initiatives.
- Provide oversight for our research and government relations departments, advancing the strategic priorities set by the Board of Directors
- Build, maintain, and advance strategic relationships at the national level
- Serve as a spokesperson with external audiences
- Partner with external stakeholders, governmental and non-governmental groups, think tanks, and peer organizations to lead collaborative initiatives
- Work with the CEO to develop and implement strategies to advance priorities
- Lead and develop a professional research and government relations staff
- Serve on the executive leadership team, ensuring that our internal and external operations are efficient and effective in advancing our overall strategic direction
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of the federal government, with a particular focus on the regulatory, legislative, and executive functions
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Familiarity and ability to partner with related health care education organizations, foundations, and other stakeholders at the national level
- Understanding of research principles and methodology as they apply to workforce, curriculum, management, and other areas of health care education
- Experience as a PA educator (developing and prioritizing national policy) and knowledge of the PA Studies field
- Proven ability to innovate, with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- A capacity for evidence-based decision making
- Master’s degree (required) or doctorate (preferred)
- Management and supervisory experience
- Flexibility, including responding to meeting requests in the Washington, D.C., area on short notice, and traveling and working on weekends as required
Compensation level is commensurate with experience, and includes a competitive benefits package. Consideration will be given for release time for teaching or clinical practice.
Applications will be accepted until August 19 or until the position is filled.
To apply, please email the following to Lynn Heitzman at lheitzman@PAEAonline.org:
- a cover letter that includes relevant experience and motivation for application
- curriculum vitae or résumé
- three to five references with contact information
Questions about the position may be emailed to Timi Agar Barwick, PAEA CEO, at tbarwick@PAEAonline.org.
PAEA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.