Congressional Briefing: Workforce Diversity: A Pathway to Health Equity
On March 29, from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST, PAEA will sponsor a virtual congressional briefing on health workforce diversity entitled, “Workforce Diversity: A Pathway to Health Equity.”
In response to the disproportionate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on communities of color, long-standing health disparities and inequities have received renewed attention among policymakers on Capitol Hill and within the Biden administration. A critical component of addressing these inequities is promoting the development of a workforce reflective of the communities it will serve, specifically by expanding pathways to PA education for underrepresented minority students.
This briefing is intended to educate congressional staff and outside stakeholders on the following topics:
- Research on the current status of health workforce diversity and patient outcomes;
- Efforts to advance diversity within PA education and thus the PA workforce; and
- Workforce elements of the Black Maternal Health Momnibus Act.
Speakers will include:
- Michel Statler, MLA, PA-C – PAEA President
- Pangela Dawson, PhD, PA-C – founding Program Director of the Morehouse School of Medicine PA program
- Tracy Jackson, EdD, PA-C – Program Director of the Wagner College PA program
- Tyler Smith, MPH – PAEADirector of Government Relations
Interested members are invited to register here.