Announcing a New Oral Health Student Mentorship Program
The PAs for Oral Health Special Interest Group (SIG), supported by the National Interprofessional Initiative on Oral Health, is happy to announce the creation of a new mentorship program for PA students interested in oral health.
To be eligible for the program, students should:
- Be in good standing at an ARC-PA accredited program
- Be interested in learning more about oral health
- Be dedicated to giving back to their local community
The two students who are chosen will work closely with members of the SIG to develop leadership and grant writing skills, as well as learn how to get involved in the PA profession on a national level. Specifically, students will:
- Plan and execute an oral health community outreach event
- Acquire funding for the event by applying for a grant
- Promote the event via social media and other outlets
Students who complete the mentorship program will receive a $250 scholarship. To apply, please submit a completed application and CV to Kelsey Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by September 1st.