- Mission Statement
- The Center for Physician Assistant Studies, in support of Albany Medical Health Services' mission as an academic health sciences center, has a responsibility
to educate Physician Assistant students from demographically diverse backgrounds to meet the future primary and specialty health care needs of the
region and the country by providing highly skilled, cost-effective, patient-centered care in a variety of settings.
This mission will be advanced through commitment to the values of Quality and Excellence, Collaboration, Confidentiality, Respect and
Compassion, Integrity, Responsibility, Diversity, and Community Service.
- Unique Program Features
- Albany Medical College Physician Assistant Program is a small Upstate NY medical school that is attached to the area's Level 1 Trauma Center. Our facility has an innovative simulation center, standardized patients, student dissection anatomy labs, and a ten to one student to faculty ratio.
- Curriculum Focus
- Hybrid of Traditional or Case-Based Learning; Organ-Based/Systems-Based Learning
- Credentials Offered
- Master's degree (not Master's of Public Health)
- Doctorate Degree Offered
- No information provided
- Type of Masters Degree
- MPAS: Master of Physician Assistant Studies
- Estimated Incoming Class Size
- Required Onsite Interview
- Types of Interviews
- Traditional Interview; Group Interview
- Admission Type
- Rolling - Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis