Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the PAEA Scientific Meeting Scholarship has been temporarily suspended. This page will be updated when the scholarship program re-opens.
The PAEA Board of Directors has established a fund of $10,000 per fiscal year to award scholarships of up to $2,000 to PA faculty presenting research posters or presentations at scientific meetings other than the PAEA Education Forum or the AAPA Conference. This scholarship is intended to stimulate faculty to work toward developing research suitable for presentation at national meetings and increase the visibility of PAs and PA faculty researchers at meetings where high-level health care decision makers are present. Recipients of these awards will serve as representatives of PA profession, PA educators, and the Association in addition to their programs or institutions.
- The faculty member must be serving at a PAEA member program at the time of presentation with at least a .50 FTE appointment in the PA program.
- The faculty member must have an accepted (not simply submitted) research poster, presentation, or panel proposal that raises the visibility of the PA profession or PA education.
- Awardees are required to provide a brief overview of the presentation, a digital head shot, and other statements regarding their experiences at the conference upon request for publication in PAEA-sanctioned media.
- Only presentations of original research will be considered.
- Applicants are encouraged to first explore existing funding opportunities offered by their institutions or the conferences.
- Expenses for travel, hotel, conference registration, and food will be covered up to $2,000 per trip. Applicants will be asked to submit estimates of these costs. Funds will be disbursed after the meeting or conference.
- Local, state, and regional meetings are eligible but will be given lower preference. National meetings are strongly preferred. International conferences are also eligible. The following is a non-exhaustive list of conferences that may be competitive for funding:
- American Educational Research Association Conference
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Health
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- Collaborating Across Borders (CAB)
- International Academy of Physician Associate Educators (IAPAE)
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE)
- Learn Serve Lead: The AAMC Annual Meeting
- Ottawa Conferences on the Assessment of Competence in Medicine and the Healthcare Professions
- Although research posters are eligible, presentations or panels are strongly preferred.
- Each faculty member and institution may receive only one grant per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30), but are eligible to re-apply in subsequent years.
- About five (5) scholarships are available per fiscal year.