This award recognizes an individual who develops future leaders among faculty by demonstrating exceptional leadership.
Please note that this is not a leadership award, but rather a leadership mentor award.
The nomination cycle for this award is now closed. The deadline was May 12, 2021.
Nominees must demonstrate substantial contributions in three out of four of the following areas:
- Innovation and creativity that:
- Leads to new and/or improved processes
- Brings a unique perspective to relationships
- Serves as an advocate and guide for professional development
- Encourages, develops, and inspires professional service
- Listens actively
- Solicits feedback and input
- Seeks to understand before being understood
- Provides constructive criticism that leads to growth and development
- Leads by example:
- Serves as a role model to faculty colleagues
- Demonstrates collaborative spirit
Requirements and materials
Employed at least half-time at the time of nomination (0.5 FTE) at a PAEA member program and for a minimum of three cumulative years in PA education. All years do not have to be at the same program.
Nomination letter describing in detail how the award criteria were met, including evidence of performance above and beyond the nominee’s job description
Letters of Support
Two letters of support addressing the author’s first-hand knowledge of the nominee with relation to three out of the four award criteria
Nominee’s complete CV or resume
- Complimentary 2021 PAEA Education Forum registration
- Crystal award
- Check for $500
- Recognition at the Education Forum Awards Ceremony
- 2019 – Donna Agnew, Salus University
- 2018 – Michael Huckabee, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- 2017 – Patrick Auth, Drexel University