Feb 24, 2021
2:30 p.m. EST
On February 24 at 2:30 p.m. ET, PAEA’s Government Relations Steering Committee will be hosting a 90-minute webinar entitled, “Perspectives on State-Level Tax Incentives for Clinical Preceptors.” This interactive panel session will highlight progress that has been made to expand clinical training capacity for PA students as a result of state-level advocacy and convey best practices for future advocacy efforts. Speakers include:
- Theresa Neumann, MPAS, PA-C – Associate Professor/Academic Coordinator, University of Maryland Baltimore/Anne Arundel Community College PA Program
- Jennifer de la Cruz, MMSc, PA-C – Director of Clinical Education, Mercer University PA Program
- Kelly Erb – Policy & Advocacy Manager, Colorado Rural Health Center
- Michael DeRosa, PhD, MPH, PA-C – Chair, Government Relations Steering Committee, PAEA
- Tyler Smith, MPH – Director, Government Relations, PAEA
At the conclusion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Describe existing tax incentives for clinical preceptors in Georgia, Colorado, and Maryland
- Discuss common challenges encountered when advocating for tax incentive legislation
- Explain the importance of stakeholder engagement in policy development
- Apply best practices for advancing tax incentive legislation within their states
Interested members are invited to register here.
This program is not yet approved for CME credit. Conference organizers plan to apply for 1.5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits from the AAPA Review Panel. The total number of approved credits is yet to be determined.