Nov 18, 2021
3:00 - 4:00 p.m. ET
This is a virtual event hosted on Zoom.
These program showcases by design are an opportunity for members to connect with one another, facilitate future collaboration, and allow you to feel like you have taken a little trip during this time of limited travel.
This webinar series highlights unique PA program characteristics, and it is our hope you will reach out to one another and find ways to engage and connect following the webinars.
University of Tennessee Health Science Center & University of Lynchburg: Incorporating Ultrasound Curriculum into a PA Program
Join PAEA on November 18 for the next program showcase highlighting the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and the University of Lynchburg and their work in incorporating ultrasound curriculum into their PA programs.
- Kristopher R. Maday, MS, PA-C, Program Director, UTHSC PA Program
- Jenna Rolfs, DMSc, MPAS, PA-C, Program Director, University of Lynchburg
- Joe Bowman, DSc, PA-C, EMPA, University of Lynchburg
- Melissa Shaffron, MPAS, PA-C, University of Lynchburg
After this webinar, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the ARC-PA Standards where POCUS can be implemented
- Explain in what current courses POCUS can be taught
- Illustrate how a laboratory session can be used to assess competence
- Identify the benefit of having a fully integrated ultrasound curriculum in a PA Medicine program for the future healthcare provider
- Describe the necessary components when developing a fully integrated ultrasound curriculum for a single PA Medicine program from objectives, to curriculum, to assessment
- Discuss how to integrate medical education ultrasound resources within a single PA Medicine fully integrated ultrasound curriculum
- Discuss how to integrate hands-on learning experiences within a single PA Medicine fully integrated ultrasound curriculum
This session will be recorded and posted in the Digital Learning Hub. Additionally, 1 hour of Category 1 CME credit has been applied for with AAPA for this event.
Save Your SpotRegister now
Earn Category 1 CME, keep the conversations going in the Professional Learning Communities, and let your colleagues know that the sessions are posted in the Digital Learning Hub as enduring educational material. We have created a program showcase road trip badge — so join us for the series and collect all your suitcases along the way.