Sep 24, 2021
2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET
This is a virtual event hosted on Zoom.
These program showcases by design are an opportunity for members to connect with one another, facilitate future collaboration, and allow you to feel like you have taken a little trip during this time of limited travel.
This webinar series highlights unique PA program characteristics, and it is our hope you will reach out to one another and find ways to engage and connect after the webinars are over.
Bay Path University: How to Embed Clinical Reasoning Into PA Curriculum
Join PAEA on September 24 for the next program showcase highlighting Pay Path University and their work in embedding clinical reasoning into their curriculum.
- Marie Meckel PA-C, MS, MPH, Masters in Medical Education – Assistant Professor Bay Path University East Long Meadow Massachusetts
- Suzanne Farinella PA-C MS, MSPAS – Assistant Professor Bay Path University East Long Meadow Massachusetts
- Mallory Iverson PA-C, MS, MSPAS – Primary Care, Clinical Assistant Professor Bay Path University East Long Meadow Massachusetts
- Stephanie Roulier PA-C, MS, MSPAS – Hospital Medicine PA Fellow Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Clinical Assistant Professor Bay Path University
After this webinar the learner will understand and appreciate:
- The importance of the team approach to embed clinical reasoning into curriculum
- The importance of working with the department to promote embedding clinical reasoning into curriculum
- The importance of not over planning your clinical reasoning program and using the PDSR- like model: Plan, Run, Evaluate, Collect feedback from students and faculty, Rework and rewrite
After this webinar learners will have the knowledge to carry out the following goals at their home institution:
- How to create a clinical reasoning program in a PA program
- How to embed clinical reasoning into each module
- How to utilize online resources in teaching clinical reasoning
- How to best organize clinical reasoning curriculum
- How to utilize medical chief complaint algorithms in teaching clinical reasoning
This session will be recorded and posted into the Digital Learning Hub after. Additionally, 1 Credit Hour of Category 1 CME credit has been applied for with AAPA for this event.
Save Your SpotRegister now
Earn Category 1 CME, keep the conversations going in the Professional Learning Communities, and let your colleagues know that the sessions are posted in the Digital Learning Hub as enduring educational material. We have created a program showcase road trip badge — so join us for the series and collect all your suitcases along the way.