Mar 28, 2023
This webinar will be available via Zoom.
This virtual presentation aims to supplement PA program curricula topics of genetics, precision medicine, and research as well as the importance of health equity in each of these areas.
The program will include an overview of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) All of Us Research Program, a longitudinal effort to gather health data from more than a million people to build one of the most diverse health information resources in history.
This two-hour interactive presentation will prepare future healthcare providers to apply genetic medicine in clinical practice; better understand concepts of precision medicine and its role in care delivery; recognize the role of social determinants of health in patient health outcomes and address them in practice; and appreciate the importance of PA research and learn about resources available to PAs conducting research.
Featuring expert faculty presenters who will each highlight the topics below along with health equity:
- Precision medicine: DeShana Collett, PhD, PA-C – University of Kentucky
- Research: Nicholas Hudak, PhD, PA-C – Duke University School of Medicine
- Genetics: Nguyen Park, DMSc, PA-C – Society of PAs in Genetics and Genomics
- All of Us Research Program: Sheri Schully, PhD – NIH All of Us Research Program
- Moderated by: Nina Multak, PhD, PA-C – University of Florida College of Medicine
This session is being offered four times between March and June 2023. It will be recorded and made available online.
This virtual presentation series is hosted by the PA Education Association, the American Academy of Physician Associates, and the PA Foundation in collaboration with the National Institute of Health All of Us Research Program.
A Zoom account is required to register and participate in this event. If you don’t have one, you can sign up here for a free account: https://zoom.us/signup.