Would you enjoy the opportunity to contribute your voice and experience to serving PAEA and PA education at the highest level? Do you have expertise or interest in strategy and policy development? Would you like to participate in important conversations on the future of the profession and PA education? If so, please consider nominating yourself for a position on the PAEA Board of Directors.
As the highest leadership body of the Association and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the Board is responsible for:
- Determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- Evaluating the performance of the CEO
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Resource development
- Approving and monitoring PAEA’s programs and services
- Enhancing PAEA’s public image
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of PAEA
Nominations are being accepted through June 25, 2021. The election will be held in conjunction with the 2021 PAEA Education Forum. Candidates should be available to participate in a “meet the candidate” webinar prior to the Forum.
Three positions are open in 2021: President Elect, Treasurer, and Director at Large.
- An applicant for the position of President Elect must hold an appointment as a faculty/staff member in a PAEA member program and have at least three years’ experience in a PAEA elected or Board-appointed position.
- An applicant for Treasurer must hold an appointment as a faculty/staff member in a PAEA Member Program and have at least two years’ experience in PAEA by the time the nominee takes office, with prior experience on the Board, as the chair of a PAEA committee, or on the finance committee of a professional organization or constituent chapter.
- An applicant for the position of Director at Large must hold an appointment as a faculty/staff member in a PAEA Member Program and have at least two years experience in a PAEA elected or Board appointed position.
Please consider nominating yourself or encouraging a colleague to run for the Board. Candidates who will enhance the diversity of the Board are strongly encouraged to apply.