This award recognizes a single peer-reviewed publication related to the training and educational direction of future generations of PAs. The primary author of the article must be a PA, a PA educator, or someone directly involved in PA education.
The nomination cycle for this award is now closed. The deadline was May 12, 2021.
Articles will be evaluated in two or more of the following areas:
- Impact on the PA profession, which may include global applications
- Implications for PA education, which may include interdisciplinary training and education of the PA student, admissions processes, or workforce concerns
- Contribution of new knowledge to PA education
- Potential applicability beyond the PA profession
Requirements and materials
Nomination letter describing in detail and elaborating on how the award criteria were met
Copy of the Recent Article
A full PDF copy of the nominated article, which must have been published between 2019–2020
Only two submissions are allowed per nominator.
Employed at least half-time at the time of nomination (0.5 FTE) at a PAEA member program and for a minimum of three cumulative years in PA education. All years do not have to be at the same program.
- Complimentary 2021 PAEA Education Forum registration
- Crystal award
- Check for $500
- Recognition at the Education Forum Awards Ceremony
- 2019 – “Intermediate Diabetes Outcomes in Patients Managed by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, or Physician Assistants: A Cohort Study” by George Jackson
- 2018 – “Health Care Resource Utilization for Outpatient Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Care Delivery Among Advanced Practice Providers and Physician Providers in Primary Care,” Salim Virani
- 2017 – “Determinants of the Sustained Employment of Physician Assistants in Hospitals,” Marijke Timmermans
- 2016 – “Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Physicians in Community Health Centers, 2006–2010,” Perri Morgan; Christine Everett; Esther Hing
- 2015 – “Development and Initial Validation of a Measure of Intention to Stay in Academia for Physician Assistant Faculty,” Karen Graham; Svetlana Beltyukova
- 2014 – “Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners Perform Effective Roles on Teams Caring for Medicare Patients with Diabetes,” Christine Everett; Carolyn Thorpe; Mari Palta; Pascale Carayon; Christie Bartels; Maureen Smith
- 2013 – “Physician Assistants and Their Intent to Retire,” Jennifer Coombs; Roderick Hooker; Kim Brunisholz
- 2012 – “The Effect of Early Geriatric Exposure upon Career Development and Subspecialty Selection Among Physician Assistant Students,” Lori Swanchak
- 2011 – “Physician Assistants—One Less Doctor(ate) in the House,” Bettie Coplan; James Meyer