This award recognizes a program administrative support staff member who has made extraordinary contributions to PA education through their respective PA programs. This award is intended for nominees in positions such as administrative assistant, office manager, admissions coordinator, clerical staff, IT, etc.
- 2020 – Susan Eckert, East Carolina University
- 2019 – Heather Salinas – UT Southwestern Medical Center
- 2018 – Michelle Ostmoe, University of Wisconsin — Madison and Haley Schomburg, Duke University
- 2017 – Doris Dalton, University of Utah
- 2016 – Marie Link, Saint Francis University
- 2015 – Colleen Schierholtz, Oregon Health and Science University
The nomination cycle for this award closes on May 17, 2022.
Nominees are evaluated and must demonstrate substantial contributions to PA education in all of the following areas:
- Innovation and creativity leading to new and/or improved program processes
- Effectiveness and efficiency in relation to time and resources
- Collaboration and resourcefulness with administration, faculty, fellow staff, and students
Requirements and materials
Employed at least half-time at the time of nomination (0.5 FTE) at a PAEA member program and for a minimum of three cumulative years in PA education. All years do not have to be at the same program.
Nomination letter describing in detail and elaborating on how the award criteria were met, including evidence of performance above and beyond the nominee’s job description
Letters of Support
Two letters of support addressing the author’s first-hand knowledge of the nominee with relation to all of the award criteria
Nominee’s complete CV or resume
- Personalized award
- Check for $500
- Recognition at the Awards Ceremony
- Complimentary 2022 PAEA Education Forum registration