The Health and Safety of all those participating in PAEA in-person events is a paramount consideration for PAEA. For those participants attending the PAEA Education Forum & Fall Workshops in San Diego, California, please see helpful information about this year’s in-person experience below.
PAEA is Keeping You Safe by Asking All Participants to:
- Wear Masks – All participants are required to wear face masks for the duration of the event, except when actively eating and drinking or at an outdoor function.
- Get Vaccinated – All participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend in person. PAEA strongly encourages participants to be up to date with the full course of COVID-19 vaccinations for which they are eligible. All participants will be required to show proof of vaccination.
- Reconnect Safely – We will provide participants with green/yellow/red lanyards to indicate their degree of comfort with customary social greetings:
- Green = Handshakes are OK
- Yellow = Fist or elbow bumps only, please
- Red = A wave or a nod will do, thanks
|September 28, 2022||
You will receive a text communication from 42 Chat or an email with a QR code to upload your vaccination record
|October 6, 2022||
For those who have not uploaded their vaccination records yet, they will receive another text communication from 42 Chat to upload their vaccination record
|October 10, 2022||
For those participants that have uploaded their documents, they will receive a text communication link to display a green check screen (verified)
|October 10 to 14, 2022||
All participants will receive daily email communications about health and safety reminders
Before You Arrive:
- You will be sent a text to your mobile phone (generated by 42 Chat/Health Shield), or you will receive an email with a QR code requesting that you upload your proof of vaccination before attending the Fall Workshops and/or Education Forum.
- 42 Chat will review and validate your uploaded documents.
- All participants should take care of themselves and manage their wellness. As such, all participants are encouraged to bring the following items:
• Masks (KN-95 recommended)
• Hand sanitizer
• COVID-19 test(s)
• Sanitizing wipes
• Proof of vaccination (paper and/or electronic record)
• Phone number for your doctor and telehealth services and your health insurance information
- You will access your 42Chat verification screen to display the green verification check mark and proceed to the registration/badge-pick-up area on the Aqua level for Fall Workshops and at the Indigo Light Wall on the second floor for the Education Forum. You will be asked to show the green check screen to the person staffing the registration desk. You can access your verification check mark screen by:
• Accessing the text on their phone from 42Chat sent on October 10, 2022
• Using the QR code
• Texting “hi” to (877) 354-3977
- Upon receiving your badge, please help yourself to the lanyard display where you can select your lanyard color based on your comfort level.
- The hotel will provide hand sanitizer in high-traffic areas throughout the hotel. Additionally, hotel staff will be wearing masks and food servers will be wearing masks and gloves.
- PAEA will bring additional health and safety supplies onsite for staff and on an “as needed” basis for participants. These supplies include individually wrapped KN95 masks, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, and at-home COVID-19 test kits.
- The Education Forum and Fall Workshops were designed such that events with food have an outdoor option.
Not Feeling Well?
- Please do not attend in-person sessions if you are not feeling well.
Don’t forget – All Full-Forum Pass holders have access to the pre-recorded and recorded Education Forum sessions.
- If you suspect COVID-19, please test yourself.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, please isolate yourself and email PAEA at firstname.lastname@example.org with your test results.
- Please note that the hotel offers room service in the event you need to isolate yourself in your room.
101 Park Blvd UNIT 155, San Diego, CA 92101
Monday-Friday 8 am – 8 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 6 pm
Sunday 10 am – 6 pm
Sharp-Rees-Stealy Downtown Urgent Care
300 Fir St., San Diego, CA 92101
Daily 8 am – 8 pm
Area COVID-19 Testing: COVID Clinic
1350 3rd Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Monday-Friday 6 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday 6 am – 8 pm
Sunday 8 am – 4 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, masks are required during the 2022 PAEA events in San Diego unless you are actively eating or drinking.
Yes, proof of vaccination is required to attend the 2022 PAEA events in San Diego.
For your wellness and the wellness of those with whom you come in contact, it is strongly recommended that you wear a mask in the elevators.
You are welcome to remove your mask when you are outside, in your room, and when actively eating and drinking.
The hotel offers room service in the event you need to isolate yourself in your room. It is recommended you test yourself for COVID and notify PAEA by emailing email@example.com should you receive a positive test result.
More About 42 Chat/Health Shield
42Chat is not collecting or processing any information that is covered by HIPAA.
HealthShield is built by 42Chat, an award-winning and nationally recognized leader in A.I. chatbot deployment. HealthShield is GDPR compliant and US Commerce Department “Privacy Shield” compliant. The security measures meet or exceed all current industry standards.
The HealthShield system only displays the Green Check, Yellow Approval Pending or Red Warning.
No, HealthShield participants cannot see the results of others. The only users who can see results are the admins (PAEA HR and HR designee).
HealthShield is not an app, there is nothing to download. Simply send a text, upload documents, and documents are validated. There are no permissions required.
Yes. Help Center – Video Tutorials: https://www.42chat.com/knowledge-base
- PAEA COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
- San Diego County COVID-19 Information
- CDC COVID-19 Information
- Hotel Policy: We ask that you follow all local guidelines and laws with respect to practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public areas. Please check with local public health and government authorities regarding guidelines or requirements that may be in place for the location of your stay.