The PAEA Spring Workshops is a national event intended for education, networking, and collaboration in the PA education community. In line with PAEA’s vision of Health for All, we take the safety and well-being of our entire community seriously. That is why we require all participants that attend in person to acknowledge and adhere to the following safety expectations regarding COVID-19:
COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization, is extremely contagious, and is spread easily from person to person through close contact and airborne transmission. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious illness caused by a coronavirus that can lead to severe illness and death for people exposed to the virus even when people take reasonable precautions to reduce the risk of exposure. The risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in all places where people are present and when interacting with others both inside and outside enclosed buildings and spaces. This risk includes attending the PAEA Spring Workshops and participating in activities, meetings, sessions, meals, and/or social events with others when in and on the premises of the AAMC Learning Center and at locations off the premises of the venue, whether formally arranged by PAEA or informally arranged by or among participants of the Spring Workshops.
You assume all risks related to your potential exposure to COVID-19 while participating in PAEA’s Spring Workshops and all related activities. You accept personal responsibility for doing everything within your power to reduce the risk of both contracting and spreading COVID-19 before and while attending the Spring Workshops and all related activities.
You will comply with all applicable federal, local, and state laws, regulations, and guidance, hotel policies, and written policies outlined below related to COVID-19 before, during, and after the Spring Workshops, which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining minimum physical distance between people
- Ensuring that the number of people in any given space does not exceed a specified maximum
- Abiding by travel restrictions
- Self-quarantining upon potential exposure to COVID-19 or following travel from certain locations
- Complying with quarantine orders
- Submitting to body temperature screening
- Submitting to COVID-19 screening and/or testing
- Self-reporting symptoms that could be related to COVID-19
- Carefully reviewing the specific COVID-19 regulations that govern the state of District of Columbia, as set forth on the state’s website at https://coronavirus.dc.gov/healthguidance. You will check the website periodically to see if these regulations change and you will comply in all respects with the specific regulations that apply to your participation in the Spring Workshops and all related activities
- Carefully review the specific COVID-19 protocols and policies in place at the AAMC Learning Center, as set forth on the venue’s website at https://www.aamc.org/about-us/aamc-learning-center. You will check the website periodically to see if the venue’s protocols and policies change, and you will comply in all respects with these specific protocols and policies.
You will comply in all respects with PAEA’s specific requirements outlined below as they may be modified:
All participants are strongly encouraged to be FULLY VACCINATED against COVID-19.
PAEA strongly encourages attendees to wear masks for the duration of the Event, except when actively eating and drinking or at an outdoor function, unless guidance from public health authorities leading up to the Event recommends that PAEA revisit this policy.
Should circumstances warrant that PAEA make changes to these requirements, attendees will be notified to ensure they are able to meet the requirements or change their arrangements.
You agree that you will not, under any circumstances, travel to the Spring Workshops or take part in any in-person activity at the Spring Workshops if you feel sick, have any flu-like symptoms, have a body temperature in excess of 99.5 degrees, have lost your sense of smell, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have taken a test for COVID-19 and not yet received a negative test result, failed to comply with an applicable travel restriction or quarantine period, or been in contact with any person suspected of being exposed to COVID-19 in the prior ten (10) day period of the event. To cancel, modify, or transfer your registration, please visit the FAQs page.
You understand and agree that if you arrive at the AAMC Learning Center or the Spring Workshops with any symptoms of illness, or otherwise fail to meet the venue’s requirements related to COVID-19, you may be refused permission to enter the venue or asked to leave and prohibited from participating in the event.
You understand and agree that if at any time within ten (10) days of participating in any in-person event at the Spring Workshops, you are diagnosed with COVID-19, you will immediately notify PAEA in writing via email to lheitzman@PAEAonline.org of your diagnosis, including the date of diagnosis, and you authorize PAEA to notify all other attendees of the events that you attended at the Spring Workshops of your diagnosis, notwithstanding any right to privacy in your health information that may otherwise be afforded to you under federal, state or local law. You hereby release PAEA from all claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses, or potential liability that could arise from PAEA’s sharing of any COVID-19 diagnosis that you may receive with other in-person participants in the event.
Failure to follow the COVID-19 health and safety protocols may, in the sole discretion of the venue and/or PAEA, result in (i) You being prohibited from entering the Spring Workshops, (ii) You being ejected from the Event, (iii) You being permanently barred from attending the Event or any other PAEA event, and/or (iv) PAEA, the venue or applicable authorities taking any other action permitted by law. In any such circumstances, you may remain liable for payment of the full registration fee associated with your registration.