The Faculty Generated Research Grant Program is now accepting applications for its 2019–2020 cycle. The overall goals of the PAEA Faculty-Generated Research Grants Program are to:
- Promote quality scholarship regarding PA education and the PA field
- Increase research capacity and collaboration across institutions
- Encourage the development and training of emerging PA education researcher co-investigators
PAEA is seeking to fund projects that propose rigorous, sophisticated methods and analyses to address novel research questions. To accomplish these goals, PAEA will provide a substantial investment of up to $50,000 for a study that meaningfully expands the existing body of knowledge on PA education and/or the PA profession. All proposals in these fields will be considered but preference will favor projects that address PAEA’s two key priority areas:
- Increasing clinical education capacity
- Attracting and retaining students and faculty who enhance the diversity of PA programs
Early-career or adjunct PA faculty, as well as repeat applicants, are encouraged to apply. This funding can be used for such things as supplementing personnel salary, so that the grantee can focus on establishing a new line of research; collecting preliminary data; traveling to a clinical site, or to collect data; funding a student research assistant (including work-study student); or purchasing materials needed for research.
Projects that involve collaboration between member institutions and/or mentorship among experienced faculty researchers and PA researchers will also be given special consideration.
How to apply
Selection for the Faculty-Generated Research Grant program takes place in two stages of peer review:
- Letter of Intent (LOI) must be submitted by September 15
- Finalists will be selected and invited to prepare a full proposal.
Before submitting, please carefully review the guidelines for LOI content, formatting, required materials, and more, linked below. LOIs that are not formatted correctly or that are missing required elements may be delayed or not considered.
(updated August 2019)
Would you like to learn more about this research grant opportunity? Need advice or mentorship on your proposal? Members of the PAEA Research Mission Advancement Commission are available to answer questions and provide guidance on proposals. Please send your request to research@PAEAonline.org