We may still be waiting for more spring-like weather to arrive, but the wait for the long-anticipated biennial Faculty & Directors Report is finally over.
By the Numbers: Faculty & Directors Report 3 provides an overview of PA program personnel characteristics, education, salaries, job satisfaction, and more — all based on your responses to the 2017 Faculty & Directors Survey.
This report presents new insights into factors impacting faculty recruitment and retention, as well as updates to 2015’s Faculty & Directors Report 2 — including the ever-popular salary disaggregations (Section 6).
Other highlights include information about:
- Types of doctoral degrees held (Table 14)
- Transitions from clinical work to academia (Tables 18–19, Figures 6–7)
- Tenured or tenure-track PA faculty, program directors, and medical directors (Table 23, Figure 9)
- Clinical work arrangements (Section 5)
- Most and least satisfying aspects of being in PA education (Figure 37)
- Research and scholarship productivity (Section 9)
Whether you are reading this during April showers, blizzards, torrential rain, or in the scorching heat, we know that you will uncover something of interest to you and your programs.
If you are a researcher interested in getting access to raw data from this survey, or a PA faculty member who would like a more focused custom report on certain items from this survey, please check out our newly updated data sharing policies.
If you have feedback or questions about this report, please send a message to the Research Team at research@PAEAonline.org.