Come join an established and highly successful School of Physician Assistant Studies (SPA) program in the beautiful Willamette Valley. Our team is collaborative, inclusive, and mission-centered. We are focused on mentoring future colleagues who are empathetic, responsive, service-driven clinicians who reflect the diverse populations they serve.
Pacific University is seeking applicants for a tenure track professor with rank commensurate with experience to join our Didactic Team. SPA is housed within the College of Health Professions of Pacific University and is located in downtown Hillsboro, Oregon. The College of Health Professions is home to schools of audiology, dental health studies, health care administration & leadership, occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy & athletic training, physician assistant studies, and professional psychology. Opportunities for interprofessional collaboration are available and encouraged.
Responsibilities include primary responsibility for teaching the pharmacology content across our modular based curriculum, teaching in areas of expertise in the didactic and clinical components of the PA Master's degree program, service activities and scholarship. The position may include opportunities for clinical practice. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Evidence of expertise and teaching experience in Pharmacology is needed. Additional duties include participating in student evaluations during professional practice and clinical skills seminars; participating in coordination, training and evaluation of students in physical exam, laboratory medicine, simulation, standardized patient interactions and clinical skills; and functioning as a small group and simulation facilitator.
Further duties include serving as Academic Advisor to students throughout the program; assisting with ongoing program assessment and data analysis for accreditation; participating as a clinician at a low cost community clinic, community health fairs, interprofessional clinics, and outreach projects supervising PA students; serving on school, college and university committees as assigned; and representing the School to the medical and university community.
The ideal candidate will have experience in physician assistant education, or other higher education experience and will bring a desire to teach and mentor the next generation of PAs. We are looking for candidates who have innovative ideas about fostering student curiosity and learning, advancing student assessment, and increasing interprofessional collaboration. Community outreach, professional leadership experience, and grant-writing abilities are highly desirable.
- Certified Physician Assistant, Pharmacist/Pharmacologist, MD, DO or FNP; eligible for license in Oregon-obtaining active license within 90 days of hire.
- Master's degree or higher.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience (>5 preferred) as a practicing clinician, actively involved in patient care. Previous teaching and/or administrative experience is preferred. Fellowship preparation is acceptable in lieu of clinical experience.
- Adept interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills. Engages in open, collaborative and collegial interactions with others.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills with ability to motivate students to achieve goals and objectives.
- Â Ability to travel occasionally as needed to fulfill program duties.
- Excellent computer skills and advanced operational knowledge of word processing and data management programs, such as Excel and Word.
Learn more about additional benefits offered at Pacific that you may want to consider:
- Tuition Remission, Exchange and Graduate Tuition Assistance(for employee, spouse/domestic partner, dependent children).
- Â Generous retirement plan that includes a non-elective 9% employer contribution once eligibility requirements have been met.
- Comprehensive benefits plan including Nonstop Health, which allows Pacific University to fund a portion of employees' out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. deductibles, copays and coinsurance) to pay for in-network, carrier-approved medical expenses.
- Eligibility for sabbatical leave after six years of full-time employment and tenure or extended term.
- Opportunities for tenure and promotion in rank to associate and full professor available, with mentorship from PA faculty who have successfully navigated the promotion and tenure process.
- Pet friendly work environment.
- Options for one day per week of remote work and/or clinical practice available.
The search begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We are dedicated to providing services that are authentic, holistic, equity minded, and responsive. Pacific University continues to develop our equity practices with a particular focus on racial equity.
Studies have shown that candidates that are female and/or BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet all of the qualifications they find in the job description. We are seeking the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be a person who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply even if you donât meet every minimum qualification described or are unsure if your experience could be considered related experience.
DISCOVER PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
Pacific University is a small, but diverse learning community, where students thrive in a personal academic environment. Tracing its roots to 1849, when it was chartered as a school for orphans of the Oregon Trail, Pacific has long been devoted to making a difference in the world. Today, students study in a unique combination of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs in the liberal arts and sciences, business, education, health professions and optometry. Located in Oregon, Pacific serves a diverse population of more than 3,900 students, with campuses in Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Eugene and Woodburn. At Pacific University, students and faculty develop close, nurturing relationships that provide an extraordinary educational experience.
Today, students study in a unique combination of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs in the liberal arts and sciences, optometry, education, health professions and business. Pacific University has campuses in Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Eugene and Woodburn, Ore., as well as an office in Honolulu. In addition, a variety of Pacific University health and eye clinics throughout the Portland area serve patients and provide students with practical experience.
At Pacific University, students and faculty engage in discovery through close, nurturing relationships that provide extraordinary learning experiences. International study, serviceÂ