A nationally recognized Physician Assistant Program seeks a dynamic individual to serve as Program Director!
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (UWL) Physician Assistant (PA) Program, in partnership with Gundersen Medical Foundation, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences, and Marshfield Clinic Health System, invites interested PAs to apply for the position of Program Director. We are a well-established program with talented faculty, a small class size, and a 100% 5-year first-time PANCE pass rate. The program is fully accredited through September 2027. The quad-partnership assures excellent clinical training with guaranteed clinical rotations through Gundersen, Mayo, and Marshfield Clinic Health Systems. The PA Program is one of six highly successful graduate and unÂÂdergraduate programs in UWL's Health Professions Department
The full-time (1.0 FTE) Program Director may hold Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor status. This year-round Instructional Academic Staff position is eligible for career progression and is subject to annual review. The position offers excellent benefits. The faculty rank and salary are commensurate with the candidate's education and academic experience.
In accordance with UWL and Department of Health Professions' policies, the PA Program Director is responsible for program administration, teaching, and service and scholarship. The primary duties within each category include:
Program Administration (40% - 50%)
- Provide effective leadership by proactively solving problems; communicating information; cultivating positive relationships; and responding to personnel issues.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve the didactic and clinical curricula.
- Supervise Instructional Academic Staff (IAS) and promote their professional development.
- Determine IAS workload assignments.
- Manage the PA program budget.
- Maintain accreditation by ensuring adherence with the most current ARC standard.
- Chair the program's quad-partnership Administrative Committee, according to the contractual Program Memorandum.
Teaching (25% - 40%)
- Provide contemporary classroom instruction as a course director and a peer lecturer.
- Continually assess student learning.
Service/Scholarship (20% - 25%)
- Professionally serve the program, department, university, community, and PA profession.
- Engage in scholarly activity related to the program, department, university, community, and PA profession.Â
- Eligible applicants must possess the following:
- A master's degree or higher in PA studies (or equivalent)
- Current or emeritus NCCPA certification status
- A minimum of 3 years of higher education experience at the time of hire
- Eligibility for Wisconsin licensure (actual licensure is not required)
- At least 1 year of clinical work experience as a PA at the time of hireÂ
- Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desirable qualities of applicants include:
- Previous experience as a PA Program Director
- Demonstrated effective leadership in PA education and/or the PA profession
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience with the ARC-PA accreditation process
- More than 1 year of clinical work experience as a PA at the time of appointmentÂ
The successful applicant will also demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism, diversity,Â inclusive excellence,Â and an ability to work with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
In their CV or resume and cover letter, applicants should specify how they meet the required and/or preferred qualifications.
Application Deadline: This position will remain open and will be continuously recruited until filled. The first application review date will be April 10, 2023. The ideal candidate will start in August 2023.
Questions: Please contact Dr. Lisa Iverson-Leirmo, PA-C, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com or 608-785-6621 with questions.
Note: Electronic submission of application materials is required. For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit https://employment.uwlax.edu
UW-La Crosse is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage applications from persons with varied backgrounds and perspectives. In support of the Wisconsin Veteran Employment Initiative we encourage veterans and veterans with disabilities to explore employment opportunities at UW-La Crosse.
Employment will require a criminal background check. You and your references will also be required to answer questions about sexual violence and sexual harassment.Â A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, UW-La Crosse does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.