Enjoy working with three of the nation's premier integrated healthcare systems and join the staff of a highly rated Midwest university, while living and recreating in the picturesque Seven Rivers Region of western Wisconsin and southeastern Minnesota.
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Physician Assistant (PA) Program, in partnership with Gundersen Medical Foundation, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences, and Marshfield Clinic Health System, invites interested medical providers, including Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners (NPs), and Physicians, to apply for the position of full-time 9-month Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor. This Instructional Academic Staff position is eligible for career progression.
Established in 1995, the UW-L- Gundersen - Mayo - Marshfield PA Program is a 24-month master's degree program that boasts a strong reputation, small class size, and a 100% 5-year first-time PANCE pass rate. Full accreditation has been granted through September 2027. The quad-partnership assures excellent clinical training - student rotations are guaranteed through the Gundersen, Marshfield Clinic, and Mayo Clinic Health Systems. The PA Program is one of six graduate or undergraduate programs in the Health Professions Department.
The Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor is primarily responsible for student instruction and assessment in the didactic or pre-clinical phase of the program. The successful candidate will:
- Provide medically informative, contemporary classroom instruction as an independent course director and a peer lecturer, as determined by the Program Director
- Proactively monitor student learning and evaluate progress
- Compassionately advise students through the rigorous academic process
- Enthusiastically participate in program-wide student assessment, curriculum design, and maintenance of program accreditation.
- Participate in student recruitment, selection, and admission interviewing
- Engage positively as vital member of the PA Program team
- An advanced degree specific to the applicant
- For PA applicants: an earned master's degree or higher in PA studies (or equivalent)
- For NP applicants: an earned master's degree or higher in nursing practice (or equivalent)
- For physician applicants: an earned MD or DO degree
- Professional certification specific to the applicant
- For PA applicants: a current NCCPA certification
- For NP applicants: current NP board certification
- For physician applicants: current board certification
- Eligibility for Wisconsin licensure
- Experience with clinically-practicing physician assistants specific to the applicant
- For PA applicants: 1-year of clinical practice experience as a Physician Assistant at the time of hire
- For NP applicants: 1-year of clinical practice experience with one or more physician assistants at the time of hire
- For Physicians: 1-year of supervisory or clinical practice experience with one or more physician assistants at the time of hire
- Evidence of skill in computer applications necessary for instruction and communication
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal and communication ability
- More than 1-year of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician, at the time of hire
- Prior clinical or higher education teaching experience
- Evidence of knowledge of the PA Profession
The instructional academic staff position offers excellent benefits. The competitive salary and position designation will be commensurate with the candidateâs academic experience.
In their CV or resume and cover letter, applicants should specify how they meet the required and/or preferred qualifications.
Application Deadline: This position will remain open and will be continuously recruited until filled. The first application review date will be April 10, 2023. The ideal candidate will start in August 2023.
Questions: Please contact Dr. Lisa Iverson-Leirmo, PA-C, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com or 608-785-6621 with questions.
Note: Electronic submission of application materials is required. For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit https://employment.uwlax.edu
UW-La Crosse is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage applications from persons with varied backgrounds and perspectives. In support of the Wisconsin Veteran Employment Initiative we encourage veterans and veterans with disabilities to explore employment opportunities at UW-La Crosse.
Employment will require a criminal background check. You and your references will also be required to answer questions about sexual violence and sexual harassment.Â A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, UW-La Crosse does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.