The University of Lynchburg, a private, regional university in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track position for a Principal Faculty, Assistant Professor/Associate Professor position within the School of PA Medicine for the 2023-24 academic year for theÂ College of Medical Science.
This is a residential position requiring the successful candidate to work on-campus.
The candidate for the Principal Faculty, Assistant/Associate Professor position within the School of PA Medicine must be a motivated PA with a proven record of success. The PA Medicine program has received Accreditation-Continued from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for PAs. Responsibilities include teaching core medicine courses within the PA Medicine program, teaching bedside ultrasound, assisting both the clinical and didactic directors, teaching in the Doctor of Medical Science (DMSc) program if doctorally trained, and participating in program management including the continuous evaluation, assessment, and compliance for accreditation. The candidate selected for this position will engage in scholarly and service activities consistent with the requirements of the College of Medical Science, collaborate with local community agencies, and actively pursue involvement in professional organizations at the regional, state, and national levels. Clinical faculty will participate with providing clinical oversight to students in a free clinic setting.
Benefits:Â Generous sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long term disability insurance, and more.Â Learn more about employment benefits.
Physical Demands:Â Prolonged periods standing or sitting at a desk.
- NCCPA certified PA or Board certified allopathic or osteopathic physician.
- Virginia PA/MD / DO license or eligible for licensure.
- Minimum of a Masterâs degree in Health Related Field. For PAs, a doctoral degree or willingness to enter and complete a doctoral program is preferred. (Must have doctorate to teach in the DMSc program.)
- Greater than 3 years of clinical experience.
- Experience teaching in a PA program or Medical School is preferred.
- Experience in communities with multicultural and multilingual students and healthcare providers.
- Teaching, scholarship, and service interests in diverse communities.
- Strong commitment to underserved populations and improving healthcare access.
- It is preferred that candidates have extensive experience as a PA in the fields of data analysis, clinical practice, education, and/or administration.
Work Remotely:Â No
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A statement of teaching philosophy.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement outlining how you approach diversity, equity, and inclusion in your work.
- Graduate transcripts.
- Names of three work references.
Submit anÂ employment applicationÂ and email or mail the above information, to:
University of Lynchburg
Attn: Jeremy Welsh, Dean, College of Medical Science
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University. References will be checked prior to employment.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburgâs efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.