The Pat Capps Covey College of Allied Health Professions at the University of South Alabama invites applications for a
12-month, non-tenure track, full-time facultyÂ position in the Physician Assistant (PA) programÂ at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective August 1, 2023. The successful candidateâs primary responsibility is to the didactic class, though certain duties to the clinical class will be required as well. Specific responsibilities for the Faculty Position also include the following:
- Complete assigned teaching responsibilities for the PA didactic curriculum
- Assist coordination of the academic and professional progress of first year physician assistant students
- Aid in the creation, implementation, evaluation and advancement of the didactic curriculum
- Advise students in the didactic and clinical phases of the curriculum
- Conduct professional development and scholarly activities consistent with the goals of the department, college, and university
- Participate in the programâs admissions process
- Assist with the self-study process for accreditation
- Participate in department, college, and university meetings
- Participate in projects or service conducted by the department, college, and university
- Other duties as assigned
Both PA and physician candidates will be considered. PA candidates must be a certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) with current NCCPA certification and current license or eligibility as a physician assistant in the State of Alabama. A Masterâs degree from an ARC-PA accredited program is required and a minimum of 3 years of clinical and teaching experience is preferred. Physician candidates must be licensed in Alabama (or license eligible) as an allopathic or osteopathic physician.
The University of South Alabama is located in Mobile near the Mobile Bay Estuary and the Alabama Gulf Coast with its beautiful white-sand beaches. USA is a public, doctoral-level institution enrolling more than 14,500 students in nine colleges and schools. Founded in 1963, the university seeks to establish itself as a premier academic institution in the southeastern United States. With its Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health Professions and two teaching hospitals, it also serves as a health services center for the region. Mobile is the center of a growing, two-county, metropolitan area (~600,000 residents) with a diverse economy.
For more information about the Department of Physician Assistant Studies at the University of South Alabama, please visit the website:Â http://www.southalabama.edu/colleges/alliedhealth/pa/
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Each applicant should submit a cover letter of interest, curriculum vitae, the names of three references, and a statement of teaching philosophy and research interests.
Applications and inquiries are directed to:
Bret Largue, PA-C, MHS, MBA Search Committee Chair Department of Physician Assistant Studies
5721 USA Drive North, HAHN 3124
Mobile, AL 36688