The Mercyhurst University Department of Physician Assistant Studies, located in Erie, Pennsylvania is seeking a full-time, tenure-track faculty member to work with the Department Chair/Program Director and faculty to coordinate and implement the academic and clinical component of the program of study. This will be a unique opportunity to work in a graduate level, ARC-PA accredited program that will prepare Physician Assistants students to be leaders in the profession, proficient in meeting the challenges of healthcare while providing compassionate, quality care to the diverse communities in which they serve. The candidate will join a department dedicated to success.
- Tenure-track position reports to the Department Chair/Program Director of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies and will work closely with the Chair, Medical Director, Academic Director, and Clinical Director to assist in designing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the clinical and didactic curricular components of the program of study
- Actively involved with development, review, revision and promotion of the mission, vision and goals of the Department and the alignment with the University mission
- Assist/serve on the Admissions Committee in the recruitment and selection of applicants and/or ongoing analysis of the admission process and candidate pool
- Work with the academic director in the development and implementation of curriculum, serving as a member of the Curriculum Committee within the department
- Provide instruction within areas of expertise and training, evaluate student performance, and assure the availability of remedial instruction
- Work to develop, establish and maintain clinical experiences for students in various settings within the region working closely with the Clinical Director and Clinical Coordinating Faculty
- Will assist in the written and clinical evaluations of students, site visits, recall/testing days and maintain ongoing evaluation of student clinical experiences, Typhon tracking, preceptors, and affiliates
- Ensure the didactic and clinical curriculum are within compliance with ARC-PA standards by maintaining Continuous Program Evaluation and serving as a member of the Program Development Committee
- Participate in academic advising of students
- Participate in ongoing self-evaluation to demonstrate effectiveness in the areas of teaching and advising and activity in scholarship and faculty development
- Participate in service opportunities as available to the university, profession, and community
- Job description may also include additional responsibilities assigned by the Department Chair/Program Director
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program or medical school
- Master's degree at minimum for PA or MD or DO for physician
- NCCPA certification or certified by an ABMS or AOA approved specialty board
- Eligibility for licensure as a physician assistant or allopathic or osteopathic physician in Pennsylvania
- Experience in physician assistant or medical education preferred
- Experience as a practicing physician assistant or physician preferred
- Excels with organizational skills, oral and written communication and demonstrates creativity
- Candidate must be currently eligible to work in the United States.
Hiring is contingent on successful background check and required clearances.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit via email a (1) letter of interest including a brief description of teaching/precepting experience, (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) list of three references to: Human Resources Mercyhurst University 501 East 38th Street Erie, PA 16546
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Mercyhurst University values diversity and is committed to the goal of achieving equal opportunity for all. For that reason, Mercyhurst abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. Mercyhurst does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, citizenship status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, age, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic or because of any individual's legally protected activities. Mercyhurst complies with federal, state and local legislation and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. This policy applies to faculty, administration and staff, applicants for employment, students and applicants for educational programs and activities. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the United States.