As a member of the Marietta College Physician Assistant Program, each faculty member will be involved with duties of teaching, scholarship/professional development, service and advising. Faculty members will represent the College and the PA program at state, regional, and national meetings and seminars. All faculty members have the option to maintain clinical practice one day/week.
Faculty members are expected to participate with all aspects of the program, including meeting with prospective students, admissions, department/program committee meetings, curriculum design/instruction/evaluation, student evaluation/remediation, student advising/counseling and serving on committees within the department and College.
All faculty appointments report directly to the Program Director of the Marietta College Physician Assistant Program. Faculty members will maintain good communication and positive/professional working relationships with other department members and students.
The position requires the individual to possess the knowledge and clinical skills needed to conduct the curriculum of the PA program. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform the following functions related to student education: 1) designing curriculum, 2) implementing curriculum, 3) coordinating curriculum, 4) course instruction, 5) evaluating curriculum, 6) evaluating student performance, 7) evaluating the MCPA program
Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Develop, assess, analyze, and evaluate didactic/clinical course objectives, learning objectives, content, syllabi, courses, and sequence of material across the curriculum.
2. Create, edit, review, approve and analyze didactic/clinical test items and student performance.
3. Provide exam and competency feedback to students along with remediation plans, when needed.
4. Recruit and schedule guest lecturers along with monitoring classes when guest lecturers provide instruction
5. Advise the Program Director of any problems within the course and/or with the progress of students in the course
6. Submit grades to the Registrar's office
7. In concert with the Program Director/Academic Coordinator, provide continuous review and compliance with ARC-PA Standards regarding the didactic/clinical curriculum.
8. Recommend and facilitate appropriate changes in curriculum as the PA profession and medicine in general changes regarding the stated outcomes of core competencies for our profession.
9. Review medical education literature and methods to keep abreast of new teaching/learning strategies.
10. Instruct assigned course sections including topics and labs (physical exam and procedural skills)
11. Assist with other faculty member's labs
12. Develop, organize, proctor and evaluate all didactic and clinical competencies, skills, exams, and other assessments.
13. Lead and develop case scenarios and other application activities.
14. Instruct during board review week
15. Assist with updating summative and board review exams
16. Evaluate and grade clinical rotation assignments
1. Publication of research and creative endeavors
2. Presentations at professional meetings and conferences
3. Assist the Program Director with reports and other duties, as deemed necessary
4. Participate in faculty development with other faculty members
5. As directed, write, edit, and review program information materials, newsletters, handbooks, reports, grants, and articles regarding the didactic/clinical learning year for professional publication.
6. Write letters of recommendations for students and graduates upon request.
7. Serve as a reference for graduates and alumni
8. As a healthcare provider, maintain national professional accreditation (NCCPA) or other licensure requirements.
9. As a healthcare provider, maintain professional state licensure.
10. Optional one day a week for clinical work available to faculty member.
11. Maintain knowledge of current ARC-PA Standard and implement into curriculum
a. Attend weekly or biweekly scheduled program meetings
b. Review Student Handbook annually and provide feedback on areas of improvement
c. Attend and participate in annual faculty retreat
d. Serve on Curriculum Committee
e. Serve on Progress & Conduct Committee
f. Serve on Admissions Committee to include by reviewing prospective student applications, interviewing, and selecting candidates for the program.
g. Serve on Accreditation Committee to provide ongoing assessment of curriculum. Collect and analyze data over time providing data analysis for program improvement.
h. Assist with new student orientation
i. Serve on PA Search Committee (when needed)
j. Assist with semiannual program open houses, STEM day, or other outreach or recruitment efforts.
k. Participate with MCPA Student Society meetings/events and support community service opportunities and participate in one departmental community event yearly.
l. Attend, participate and officially represent Marietta College at professional meetings or alumni events and foster relationships with alumni and preceptors.
a. Serve on campus wide committees
3. Local, State, and National Level
a. Attend local and regional social and professional meetings to recruit preceptors and provide information about program.
b. Broaden didactic/clinical educational baseline by attending PAEA and other medical educator courses focusing on professional faculty development.
c. As a healthcare provider, maintain membership in appropriate professional organizations such as AAPA, OAPA, and PAEA.
d. Attend appropriate continuing medical education courses to improve medical education knowledge and didactic assessment skills.
e. Active involvement in community organizations and institutions such as church, school, youth groups, volunteer opportunities, etc.
f. As a health care provider, continue to serve the community to meet the health care needs and remain clinically relevant.
1. Act as faculty mentor, provide ongoing counseling and mentorship to both didactic and clinical students with serious academic and personal problems referring them to appropriate personnel if needed.
2. As research mentor, advise and counsel first/second year students capstone projects ? maintaining documentation of meetings for future reference
1. Understand and fulfill job duties within the scope of the mission statement.
2. Adhere to the policies and procedures of the College.
3. Maintain professionalism in actions, communication, and behavior in every aspect of the position.
4. Attend and complete any required training, certifications, or other professional development.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
2. Able to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment.
3. Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues, and external constituents.
Experience & Education:
1. Terminal degree within field, minimum of a Master's degree.
2. Current board certification and eligibility for licensure in the state of Ohio as a PA.
3. Minimum of 3 years clinical and/or teaching experience in a PA program preferred.
1. Primarily sedentary work in an office setting with occasional standing and walking.
2. Use of office equipment including computers, printers, copiers with lifting of less than 20lb occasionally to fill machines or move files.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. All applications/resumes must be submitted through this online process: http://marietta.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=152768
We regret that we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted by mail, email, or fax. As you are submitting your application via this online process, please be sure to provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating your application materials have been received.
Marietta College is an equal opportunity educator and employer that values diversity. The College seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Marietta College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.