Calling all researchers! PAEA invites PA faculty to apply for the PAEA Research Fellowship.
The goal of the Fellowship is to build the research capacity of PA faculty and to develop leaders to represent, advance, and elevate PAs in health professions research. The PAEA Research Fellowship supports two fellows for a one-year term and provides 20 percent of the recipients’ base salary (up to $25,000) to each fellow’s institution to secure protected time for research. This permits 20 percent release time from teaching and other faculty activities and allows fellows to focus on research of interest to the PA profession and PA education. The Fellowship’s duration is from November 1, 2020, through October 31, 2021.
Fellows are expected to:
- Use the dedicated time to develop their research skills by completing a research project under the guidance of a mentor, engaging in educational activities, and broadening their knowledge of PA education and the PA profession.
- Participate in two on-site educational seminars, hosted by PAEA in partnership with AAPA, focused on building research and leadership skills as well as fellows’ professional networks.
- Complete their research within one year after the end of the fellowship and submit their findings for publication and presentation.
Current AAPA-PAEA Research Fellow Vanessa Bester, EdD, PA-C, gives a brief explanation of her research project.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a proposed research plan that addresses one of the following topics:
- Workforce readiness of PA program graduates
- Understanding and improving PA education
- Challenges and solutions to clinical education site availability
- Equipping PAs and faculty for expanded leadership roles in health care
- Diversity and the PA student pipeline
- Barriers to the creation of progressive work environments for PAs
The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 12. Applications must be submitted through the PAEA Research online application platform.
For more information about eligibility, applicant evaluation criteria, and application requirements, please download the PAEA Research Fellowship Guidelines or contact research@PAEAonline.org. To read more about our current and former fellows, visit the PAEA Research Fellowship web page.