The Association is looking to fill the role of PAEA Graduate Advisor to the Student Academy of AAPA (SAAAPA) for a two-year term, commencing on July 1, 2020, until June 30, 2022, with the option for reappointment for a second two-year term. This role is ideal for a faculty member newer to PA education.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience and/or interest in student leadership
- Prior experience in SAAAPA or AAPA
- An educator with less than 10 years of experience in PA education
Responsibilities/Expectations of PAEA Graduate Advisor
The Graduate Advisor is a dual-role position, serving both on PAEA’s Future Educator Development Steering Committee and as a liaison to SAAAPA. The role and responsibilities for this position include:
- Serve as a mentor/guide for the SAAAPA Board of Directors (BOD) as a non-voting member.
- Collaborate with the PAEA Board of Directors student member at large to maintain communication with SAAAPA.
- Provide continuity between successive SAAPA BODs.
- Attend the SAAAPA Assembly of Representatives at the AAPA Conference and one in-person SAAAPA BOD meeting.
- Participate in quarterly conference calls with the SAAAPA BOD.
- Submit quarterly reports in collaboration with the PAEA Board of Directors student member at large and one report for the PAEA annual business meeting in October.
- Serve on PAEA’s Future Educator Development Steering Committee.
- Support PAEA’s Future Educator Fellowship.
- Applicants will be notified of decisions by June 30.
- The Graduate Advisor term will begin on July 1 and end on June 30, 2022.
- The Graduate Advisor is supported for travel, lodging, and meals at any required in-person meetings.
Applications are due by June 17. Questions about the position or the application process may be directed to Ashley Bray at abray@PAEAonline.org.