The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is now accepting nominations for the National Advisory Council for Healthcare Research and Quality. This advisory panel of outside research experts provides the director of AHRQ and the secretary of Health and Human Services with recommendations for the national health services research agenda.
AHRQ is seeking to fill seven seats opening in November 2020 with qualified candidates to serve three-year terms. Selected members are expected to attend in-person meetings in Washington, DC, up to three times per year and to actively participate in committee proceedings. AHRQ anticipates that selected members will begin their term in the spring of 2021.
To promote increased representation of PA faculty researchers in federal research endeavors, PAEA will submit nomination letters for up to two qualified applicants.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria by a committee of PAEA volunteers:
- Demonstrated research interest focusing on AHRQ-identified priority populations, including: low-income groups, minority groups, women, children, the elderly, and individuals with special health care needs such as those with disabilities and those in need of chronic care or end-of-life care
- Previous experience in national or state leadership roles
- History of publishing quality, impactful, and peer-reviewed research regarding PA education and practice
- History of service in PA volunteer capacities
- Alignment of research experience/interest with PAEA values
Members who are interested in being nominated by PAEA for this position should submit their curriculum vitae and a letter of interest to Tyler Smith at tsmith@PAEAonline.org by 5:00 PM ET on June 1.