We are in the final stages of planning for the 2020 Education Forum, which is an even more complex endeavor this year than it usually is, with so much uncertainty surrounding travel and concerns about large gatherings. PAEA’s thinking has been deeply informed by the data that members supplied in our recent survey – thank you for your input. As noted in an email from Chief Learning Officer Sara Fletcher, PhD, on Monday, at this point PAEA is making the following commitments:
- The 2020 PAEA Education Forum will take place. Our Learning team has been planning a top-notch learning experience that can be adapted to a virtual format, an in-person format, or a hybrid format.
- The Forum will meet the high standards of excellence you have come to expect.
- We know that many programs have expressed the need for flexibility in paying for Forum registration out of this or next fiscal year’s budget, so registration will definitely be open by the end of June.
- Given the financial constraints that are affecting almost all programs, we are developing financial models to try to make it possible for all members to attend the 2020 Forum. Our decisions on pricing will be driven by our values of equity and inclusion.
- We will keep you informed as we make decisions, and we look to you to let us know what questions you have and how the evolving reality at your institutions may be affecting your ability to travel and your budget.
The goal, as always, is to put on a Forum that inspires, educates, and brings together the unique group of people that PAEA is proud to represent.