The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, in collaboration with the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), has released a new set of training materials for health professionals. The first of its kind, the Multiple Chronic Conditions (MCC) Education and Training provides health professionals with education to care for people living with multiple chronic conditions.
These new, free resources will assist academic faculty across the education continuum with the necessary tools and knowledge to care for persons living with MCC across care settings.
The resources are available online and include:
- Multiple Chronic Conditions Education and Training Repository — a searchable database of existing educational resources that specifically addresses the care of persons living with MCC.
- Multiple Chronic Conditions: A Framework for Education and Training — a conceptual model that outlines the core domains and competencies for the interprofessional health care team.
- Education and Training Curriculum on Multiple Chronic Conditions — a web-based course consisting of six modules.
Three webinars have been scheduled to review the materials and provide technical assistance:
- Tuesday, August 4, 2015 (2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET)
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015 (2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET)
- Thursday, September 17, 2015 (2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET)
To RSVP email MCC@HHS.GOV indicating the specific date you would like to attend.