The PAEA Faculty-Generated Research Grant (FGRG) program is now accepting letters of intent for its 2020–2021 cycle. The overall goals of the FGRG program are to:
- Promote quality scholarship regarding PA education and the PA field
- Increase research capacity and collaboration across institutions
- Encourage the development and training of emerging PA researchers
PAEA is seeking to fund a project that proposes rigorous, sophisticated methods and analyses to address novel research questions. To accomplish these goals, PAEA will provide a substantial investment of up to $50,000 for a study that meaningfully expands the existing body of knowledge on PA education and/or the PA profession. All proposals in these fields will be considered but preference will favor projects that address PAEA’s two key priority areas:
- Increasing clinical education capacity
- Attracting and retaining students and faculty from diverse backgrounds
Projects that involve collaboration between member institutions and/or mentorship among experienced faculty researchers and PA researchers will also be given special consideration.
Early-career PA faculty and repeat applicants are particularly encouraged to apply. This funding can be used for expenses such as supplementing personnel salary, so that the grantee can focus on establishing a new line of research; collecting data; traveling to present research findings; funding a student research assistant (including work-study student); purchasing materials needed for research, etc.
Past award recipients have presented their findings at high-profile forums such as the AAMC Workforce Conference. Learn more about the projects that were selected and what made them competitive here.
HOW TO APPLY
Selection for the Faculty-Generated Research Grant program takes place in two stages of peer review:
- Letters of intent or LOIs must be submitted through the online application platform by Monday, September 7.
- Finalists will then be invited to submit a longer, more comprehensive full proposal for funding consideration.
For more information on how to apply, please check out the FGRG web page.
Would you like to learn more about this research grant opportunity? Need advice or mentorship on your proposal? The PAEA Research Team is available to answer questions and provide guidance on proposals. Please email PAEA Research at research@PAEAonline.org or call 703-651-8540.