The day has come – new security features have been rolled out in PAEA’s exam administration system, ExamDriver. Exams will now be automatically paused after a certain number of alerts that may indicate inappropriate student behavior and automatically ended after additional similar alerts.
For a full explanation of the features and resources to help you work with in the new system, please visit our Proctor Resources page. In particular, we would like to draw your attention to these items:
- For a simple guide to what the newly renamed alerts mean that can be used when you are proctoring an exam, download Alerts and What to Do About Them.
- For some pointers on pre-exam instructions, including language that may help deter students from engaging in potentially inappropriate behavior by telling them what triggers you can see, download and customize this Model Proctor Instruction Script.
- For basic tips on active proctoring, check out our Proctoring Best Practices video series at the top of the Proctor Resources page.
- We also have two proctoring best practices articles, one with general advice on active proctoring and one specific to proctoring with ExamDriver.
- Finally, you can refer to the PAEA Assessment Exam Policies document for more comprehensive information about exam administration.
And as always, please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have to exams@PAEAonline.org. We have tried to anticipate as many of your questions as we could, but know that we have missed some.
We will be taking your feedback and creating a Frequently Asked Questions document in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience, openness, and cooperation as we improve exam security, and with it, the validity of the products for all users.