Calling all researchers! PAEA invites PA faculty to apply for the AAPA-PAEA Research Fellowship. The deadline to apply is 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET on Wednesday, July 10.
The goal of this fellowship is to build the research capacity of PAs and PA faculty and develop leaders to represent, advance, and elevate PAs in health professions research. The fellowship provides 20 percent of the recipient’s base salary (up to $25,000) to each fellow’s institution to secure protected time for research. This will permit a 20 percent time release from teaching and other activities, allowing fellows to focus on scholarly activity of interest to the PA profession and PA education.
Fellows are expected to:
- Use the dedicated time to develop their research skills by completing a research project under the guidance of a mentor, engaging in educational activities, and broadening their knowledge of PA education and the PA profession.
- Participate in two on-site educational seminars hosted by PAEA and AAPA, focused on building research and leadership skills as well as fellows’ professional networks, for which they will be eligible to earn Category 1 CME.
- Within a year of the conclusion of the fellowship, have completed their research and have their findings prepared for publication and presentation.
Applicants are highly encouraged to submit a proposed research plan that addresses one of the following topics:
- Workforce readiness of PA program graduates
- Advancing the PA identity
- Challenges and solutions to clinical education site availability
- Equipping PAs and faculty for expanded leadership roles in health care
- Diversity and the PA student pipeline
- Barriers to the creation of progressive work environments for PAs
The scope of proposals must fit within the maximum two-year time frame for completion and manuscript publication or submission.
The fellowship will last from November 1, 2019, through October 30, 2020. For more information about eligibility, applicant evaluation criteria, and application requirements, please consult the AAPA-PAEA Research Fellowship webpage or contact research@PAEAonline.org.