Good preceptors are the backbone of PA clinical education and programs are always looking for creative ways to honor and reward them. The annual AAPA/PAEA Preceptor of the Year Award provides an excellent opportunity to do just that. This is a joint award from AAPA and PAEA that honors preceptors who have “demonstrated a commitment to excellence in the clinical education of PA students as a mentor and instructor.”
Applicants are not required to be PAs; however, PA nominees are required to be AAPA members. If you have someone in mind to nominate, you will need the following information:
- Nominee’s CV
- Two letters of recommendation
- Supplemental information, in Word or PDF format, describing:
- Evidence of the nominee’s commitment to excellence in the clinical education of PA students as a mentor, role model, and instructor
- When and where the nominee has served as an active volunteer lecturer, clinical instructor, group leader, or advisor/mentor for a PA program
- When and where the nominee has served as a volunteer preceptor for PA students in their practice (rotations of four or more weeks)
You will also have the option to upload two additional supporting documents.
For more information on this and other AAPA awards, or to submit a nomination, please visit the AAPA website. Nominations are due by midnight ET on February 15.
Any questions regarding the process should be emailed to Kodi Erb at email@example.com.