PAEA encourages our member programs’ faculty and staff to take an active role in the Association’s leadership activities through volunteerism by either personally considering service or encouraging another member to do so.
Through volunteer service, members gain the opportunity for rewarding personal and professional growth and mentorship. Members also develop a greater sense of community with their fellow PA educators while helping to advance PAEA’s mission.
Not sure what leadership position(s) might be right for you? Take this quiz to find out!
To be considered for one or more of the following open positions, please submit an application below. Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 1. All applicants will be notified regarding their appointment status on Friday, December 21.
While all volunteers are required to meet the submission, eligibility, and deadline requirements listed below, each volunteer group may require and consider additional, specific criteria for selection. Please read each position description thoroughly before submitting your application. The numbers in parentheses below are the number of available positions for each commission, committee, or board.
Download the volunteer leadership position descriptions packet to learn more about each position.
Mission Advancement Commissions (MACs)
- Diversity & Inclusion MAC (4)
- Faculty Development MAC (2)
- Leadership MAC (1)
- Research MAC (Up to 3)
Steering Committees, Review Committees, and Boards
- Awards & Honors Review Committee (3)
- Education Programming Steering Committee (1)
- Finance Steering Committee (2)
- Future Educator Development Steering Committee (1)
- Governance & Ethics Board (3)
- Government Relations Steering Committee (1)
- Grants & Scholarship Review Committee (1)
- Exam Development Boards (Up to 5)
Task Forces and Working Groups
- JPAE Feature Editors (3)
Applicants must be faculty or staff at a PAEA member program or Institutional Colleague member program, or be an Individual Colleague member.
- Your CV (Please remove name and contact information for blinded review purposes)
- An interest statement relevant to each position you intend to apply for
- A signed Volunteer Service Agreement (To be completed in the online application)
- Specific requirements highlighted in each individual group’s call
PAEA is committed to building a culturally diverse group of volunteer leaders. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals with disabilities to apply for open volunteer positions. Qualified applicants will be considered through a blinded review process and evaluated equally, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skills and Abilities
Applicants must demonstrate the skills and abilities below through their application, CV, or statement of interest:
- Clear and diplomatic communication
- Professionalism and ethical behavior
- Collaborative, team-based spirit while bringing your unique, individual personality and contributions to the group’s work
- Specific skills or abilities highlighted in each individual group’s call
- Commit to the success of the group’s goals and outcomes while advancing the PAEA mission
- Prepare for and participate in conference calls and meetings as scheduled
- Actively contribute to the group’s annual deliverables or objectives and key results
- Approach the group’s work with a diplomatic, positive spirit
- Maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by the volunteer group’s chair(s)
Send us an email at Volunteers@PAEAonline.org.