PAEA’s standing committees are comprised of both advisory and operational groups to provide guidance, recommendations, and insights in their specific focus areas to the PA education community.
Mission Advancement Commissions (MACs)
- Diversity & Inclusion MAC
- Faculty Development MAC
- Leadership MAC
- Research MAC
Journal of Physician Assistant Education (JPAE)
- JPAE Editorial Board
- JPAE Feature Editors
Standing Advisory Groups
- Awards & Honors Review Committee
- Education Programming Steering Committee
- Finance Steering Committee
- Future Educator Development Steering Committee
- Governance & Ethics Board
- Government Relations Steering Committee
- Grants & Scholarship Review Committee
Exam Development Boards (EDBs)
- Emergency Medicine & General Surgery EDB
- End of Curriculum EDB
- PACKRAT EDB
- Women’s Health, Peds, Psych & Behavioral Health EDB
Task Forces are assembled by the Board of Directors to develop high-level generative thinking on important emergent issues.
Additional work groups may be assembled by the Board and staff to address specific short-term or periodic initiatives.
Take advantage of rewarding personal and professional growth and mentorship opportunities. Through volunteer service, members develop a greater sense of community with their fellow PA educators and help to advance PAEA’s mission.
To be eligible, applicants must be affiliated with a PAEA member institution or hold an individual membership.
- Application Period: September 4 – October 18
- Applicant Phone Interviews: November 11 – 22
- Notification of Appointment: December 20
- Volunteer Appointments Begin: January 1, 2020
For questions about volunteering, please contact Volunteers@PAEAonline.org.